Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wild sheep in Iceland are captured



Thanks to Bryndis Snaebjornsdottir for calling this to my attention. As she describes it "In the north east of Iceland they found a small flock of 'wild' sheep that had become a special breed, 'mountain sheep. Sheep are not allowed to be wild so they had to be hunted, caught and killed - view the death of the wild Icelandic sheep. Apparently 5 sheep escaped but another trip is being planned to exterminate them.

The idea that humans make the final call on what is "allowed" to be wild and what must be domesticated and/or slaughtered is the hubris of humanism. Call in the commando sheep.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am a writer/critic/theorist (!?) and I've been imagining animals as rebels, freedom fighters, revolutionaries for some time too. I'm so excited to have found our blog I can hardly contain myself. Here is a little story I just found you might find interesting- http://www.politicaltheatrics.net/?p=500

    Best,
    Joni Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. your blog inspired me to make my old blog public again.

    http://the-future-rustic.blogspot.com/

    if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete